A Relative Is In Prison and Has Been Granted Voluntary Departure – What Happens Next?

My brother is in prison in York, PA, on an immigration violation. Although the Immigration Judge refuses to grant him bond, he has granted him voluntary departure. How can he leave if he is in jail?
You will be required to purchase an open ticket for your brother and submit it along with his passport to ICE, if they do not already have the passport. Your brother will be escorted, under guard, to the airport along with other detainees and placed on the airplane.