Do I Need To Submit an Affidavit of Support To Help My Husband Receive His Green Card If I Haven’t Worked For Years?

I am the petitioner for my husband’s green card application, do I need to submit Form I-864 Affidavit of Support if I do not have a job or worked for the past three years?
All petitioners must submit an Affidavit of Support. In your case, you will need to submit an affidavit or information that you have not worked for the past three years and have not filed income tax returns. You will, however, require a joint sponsor or a sponsor/household member agreement or file for an exemption if the beneficiary has already worked 40 quarters or the beneficiary can document assets totaling five (5) times the deficiency amount.