What Can I Do If My Spouse Is Abusing Me And Will Not File For My Green Card?

My husband promised that he would file for me to get a green card, but he refuses to sign the papers. Instead, he and his father verbally abuse me and take my money. I cannot sleep, I am afraid, and I am desperate. What do you think I should do?
This sounds like a case of abuse. Remember, abuse takes several forms which include: physical, mental and/or emotional abuse. It is possible that you may be able to file for a green card as a Special Immigrant Abused Spouse. Under this section of the law, any illegal entry or overstay of your visa is waived.