How Can I Protect My Green Card If I Need To Finish Business In My Home Country Before Moving To US Permanently?

I just got my green card, but I need some more time to close out some business in my home country before I move here permanently. How can I do this without jeopardizing my green card?
If you plan to be away from the US for more than one year, you should file for a Reentry Permit. This will allow you up to two (2) years of absence from the U.S. Although, this time will not be counted towards future citizenship.