R-1 Visa For Religious Purposes

My uncle is a pastor back in my country. He is convinced that his calling is to come to the United States to save souls. He is positive that his prayers and good counsel is sorely needed here. Is there a visa for which my uncle could qualify?
Yes, your uncle may qualify for an R-1 Non-immigrant Visa. The R-1 is very useful in assisting religious organizations in the United States that desire the infusion of new energy into their faith through the importation of members from overseas branches, affiliates, or similar entities. It also allows individuals engaged in religious occupations to enter the United States to perform services related to their religious calling or vocation and to receive payment for their work. This status could lead to an immigrant visa in the EB-4 category, if desired.